PAXXUS has a current opening for EH&S Manager in Addison, IL. This is a great opportunity to exhibit your skills with a leading global flexible healthcare packaging manufacturer. PAXXUS offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k (with employer match,) paid time-off and holidays, annual bonus potential, and much more.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
As a member of the President’s staff, PAXXUS’ EH &S Manager acts as a strategic business partner to provide advice, counsel, and support to management and employees in all aspects of the EH & S discipline, including legal compliance, advancing corporate social responsibility, coordinating training, and ensuring the safety of our employees, community, and customers. The role is expected to bring new ideas and processes to support PAXXUS’ overall vision, mission, and objectives.
Strategic Business Partner:
- Advise and support leadership team as E, H&S subject matter expert
- Bring new ideas, processes, improvements to support Company’s overall vision, mission, objectives, and CSR goals
- Use/supply data to aid in decision-making
- Stay current on environmental, health and safety regulations and developments
- Participate in goal discussions
- Maintain compliance with all aspects of Title V CAAPP permit including record keeping and reporting.
- Prepare and submit Tier II, TRI, Air Emissions, and hazardous waste, and other regulatory reports.
- Maintain and expand recycling program.
- Recommend sustainability goals and track and report associated KPIs.
Health & Safety:
- Manage effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, and procedures in accordance with company, state, and federal guidelines.
- Manage the investigation and assessment of work-related injuries, illnesses, and near-misses.
- Manage the company hazmat communication program, including maintenance of current SDS’s, effective identification of all chemicals, chemical inventory and related training and education programs.
- Maintain product regulatory database and provide customers with regulatory compliance declarations for such areas as REACH, RoHS, FDA status TSE/BSE, etc.
- Recommend Health and Safety goals and track and report associated KPIs.
- Coordinate Workers compensation claims and maintain OSHA Records
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Certified Safety Professional preferred.
- Minimum of eight years experience with an emphasis on environmental, health, and safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of government regulations/code compliance and auditing processes including air emissions, hazardous waste management, OSHA, other relevant regulations and laws.
- ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 experience preferred
- Personable and approachable with the ability to build/maintain relationships at all levels of the orginization
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation
- Solid organizations and project management skills
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and to provide ideas; is proactive and analytical
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Vaccinated for COVID-19
EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free, smoke-free, weapons-free workplace.
PAXXUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. PAXXUS, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability or any other status protected by law.