PAXXUS has a current opening for a Quality Coordinator in Addison, IL. This is a great opportunity to exhibit your skills with a leading global flexible healthcare packaging manufacturer. PAXXUS offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k (with employer match), paid time-off and holidays, quarterly bonus potential, and much more.
The Quality Coordinator performs general administrative duties and provides necessary support to the Quality Department. The Quality Coordinator also acts as a back-up to other members of the Quality Department. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: data entry, analysis, printing and assembling QA inspection folders, and some lab testing.
- Create Internal Specifications using customized software. Print and collate specifications to produce QA work instructions.
- Review QA in-process data to ensure all required tests were conducted and passed for shipping approval. Work closely with shipping department to advise that product is ready to release or to communicate issues that need to be resolved.
- Perform data entry for special projects and to create CofAs (Certificate of Analysis) for shipments.
- Research information for quality improvement- reviewing QA in-process data and job folders, retrieving retained samples and performing traceability analysis. Some product testing is required.
- Enter Supplier Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR,) collect and prepare samples for shipment to the supplier.
- Review Incoming Quality Assurance (IQA) records and supplier CofAs for completeness, compliance, and accuracy.
- Participate in quarterly quality process team meetings, as needed. Follow-up on action items, when required, for timely resolution and closure.
- Adhere to all organizational and department policies, procedures, standards, and practices.
- Other duties, consistent with skills and experience, as directed by the reporting manager.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma; AA or BS degree in Engineering discipline, or 1-3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance preferred.
- Training or experience with ISO 9001, working in a lab, and statistics a plus.
- Experience with Minitab (statistical software) a plus.
- Intermediate math skills, ability to read a ruler, and perform basic mechanical lab testing.
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Efficient and effective time management
- Ability to read and follow instructions and test methods.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication; able to read and write English
- Experience in manufacturing and flexible packaging a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment
This position is based primarily in an office and laboratory environment, within a multi-building complex. Requires daily movement indoors and out, as well as through non-air conditioned manufacturing areas. Working around or with solvents, adhesives, and coatings, which may have strong odors. Requires the ability to access file cabinets, use office equipment, climb stairs, and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.