PAXXUS has a current opening for Shift Supervisor in Addison, IL. This is a great opportunity to exhibit your skills with a leading global flexible healthcare packaging manufacturer. PAXXUS offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k (with employer match,) paid time-off and holidays, annual bonus potential, and much more.
Manage overall Plant production while achieving Safety, Quality, Service, Waste, Cost-out, and Productivity goals. This will be executed by providing strong leadership to the Team, and managing the systems, equipment, people, and materials according to established policies procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. This individual reports directly to the Plant Manager. This is a 2nd Shift position, 2:00 PM-11:30 PM, Monday-Friday, with some flexibility.
- Prior leadership and supervisory experience required
- 4+ years operations experience in manufacturing environment, packaging knowledge in the areas of lamination, extrusion, printing, and slitting, required
- Understanding of ISO procedures and processes in Quality and GMP.
- 1 year of experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean manufacturing)
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment through proper housekeeping and safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written.) Ability to adjust communication style to multiple audiences, coaching and counseling employees, and providing effective and information sharing. Ability to positively confront and effectively deal with non-compliance through effective “soft Skills”.
- Excellent people skills – maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals in identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Confidence in own capacity and judgment. Must be willing to face challenging situations. Developed ability to build personal relationships based on trust, mutual respect and open communication.
- Adaptable – ability to adjust approach to match varied task requirements, adjust behavior to others’ styles, change priorities to meet changing demands, adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time through highly developed organizational skills.
- Ability to set effective and challenging objectives.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving.
- High energy level and excellent follow-up
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Standing, bending, climbing, and the ability to lift up to 75lbs unassisted
- Work in a non-air-conditioned facility with variable temperatures
- Work around or with solvents, adhesives, and coatings which may have strong odors
PAXXUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. PAXXUS, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability or any other status protected by law.