PAXXUS has a current opening for a Slitter Operator in Addison, IL. This is a great opportunity to exhibit your skills with a leading global flexible healthcare packaging manufacturer. PAXXUS offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k (with employer match,) paid time-off and holidays, quarterly bonus potential, and much more.
We are hiring a Slitter Operator on second and third shift!
- Read initial work order to confirm specifications prior to each job, following SOP
- Read addendum for correct copy position
- Setup edge guides using air or electric eye
- Setup anvil rings, blades (both razor and shear,) and proper core locks
- Setup proper tensions according to material being used
- Know when and when not to use a nip roller
- Minimize material waste and rewinds
- Complete all necessary and required paperwork
- Daily maintenance and housekeeping
- Follow all safety procedures
Skills and Requirements:
- High degree of detail and accuracy
- Must be able to read a ruler
- Computer knowledge
- Team-player with ability to receive constructive feedback
- Effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and managers
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience
PAXXUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. PAXXUS, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability or any other status protected by law.